Alston & Bird’s Atlanta office is seeking an experienced Immigration Paralegal (Temporary). This position, under the direction of attorneys and supervisors, will perform a variety of duties.
• Manage client relations - monitor/address email, phone and other queries.
• Prepare/monitor H-1B, L-1, TN, E1/E2, E-3, P-1, O-1 and other Nonimmigrant Petitions.
• Prepare/monitor Immigrant/permanent resident processes filings, including PERM labor certifications, I-140 Petitions, Multinational manager, NIW, Outstanding Researcher, EB-2 & EB-3 employment/PERM-based, etc.; I-130 Petitions, and I-485 applications.
• Prepare/monitor N-400, IV and NIV revocation, etc.
• Prepare in-depth factual and or analytical responses to Requests for Evidence and DOL Audit requests, including research on current case law and supporting regulations.
• Prepare in-depth factual and/or analytical summary of options, and or memo/summary.
• Monitor expiration dates and prepare case status reports for clients, including the use of a variety of technologies.
• Regular overtime is required for this position.
• A bachelor’s degree.
• At least 3 years of prior Immigration paralegal experience.
• Critical thinking, complex problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to work well with others and excellent writing skills.
At Alston & Bird, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For©" for 19 years in a row.
Alston & Bird LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position. In accepting a position, it is understood that continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. A satisfactory background check is the absence of a criminal record which bears a demonstrable relationship to the applicant/employee’s suitability to perform the required duties and responsibilities of the position.
Alston & Bird is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Alston & Bird hires the candidate.
Follow us on Twitter at alstonbirdllp or become a Fan of Alston & Bird LLP on Facebook!