Alston & Bird is conducting a search for a Patent Prosecution Legal Administrative Assistant to assist Firm attorneys in our fast paced IP Patent Group.
Heavy administrative work • Case and project management • Typing, editing and proofreading correspondence and legal documents • Entering attorney time • Billing • Electronic filing • Answering telephones and sorting mail • Maintaining client portals • Coordinating travel arrangements • Processing expense reimbursements • Interacting with clients and maintaining files • Experience in PATTSY WAVE is helpful but not required • Must be proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Have exceptional administrative and word processing skills.
• Have the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Have great attention to detail, and the ability to concentrate and organize work. Must be able to work well independently while handling complex situations, analytical, and self-starters.
• Able to work with a wide spectrum of individuals. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, along with an enthusiastic team player attitude and a strong work ethic.
• Able to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors is also needed. • Have in-depth knowledge of the USPTO, and the process for prosecuting a patent from beginning to end.
• Prior knowledge of how to initiate drafts of form patent prosecution documents for attorneys, as well as docket and monitor deadlines.
• Have a working knowledge and prior experience with e-Filing procedures.
• A minimum of 2+ years of prior administrative experience in an Intellectual Property practice is required.
• A high school diploma is required; an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
The hours of the position are Monday thru Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Candidates must have the ability to stay beyond normal working hours when work load demands.