Alston & Bird is seeking a customer service driven individual for the position of Conference Services Coordinator in the Atlanta office. Under direction of a supervisor, the CS Coordinator will efficiently manage and coordinate all services for conference spaces, break rooms, pantries, galleys, and touchdown rooms by being professional, caring, resourceful and motivated. This client facing 8:30am – 4:30pm position will manage client floor operations including the set-up of service and execution of food & beverage function. The position will report to the Conference Services Manager and will partner closely with the Conference Services Coordinator and Special Projects Catering Coordinator to ensure the banquet operations can successfully meet client demands. A Conference Services/Banquet Coordinator is required to become ServSafe certified in both Food Safety and Alcohol Service in accordance with state law.
- Responsible for the set up and break down of events, to include setting tables, bars and room configurations.
- Review on-line reservation system and Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) in advance with Conference Services Coordinator, to ensure meetings and events are executed to specification, which includes confirming and setup A/V equipment, interfacing with receptionist staff and serving as the client’s point of contact.
- Provide food and beverage service at events as needed.
- Provide base line technical support such as internet access, Crestron operations, power supply, equipment needs to guest.
- Return Conference Rooms to Inventory, to include removing all food, beverages and catering equipment. Ensure that tables and credenzas are clean, business supplies are stocked, tables and chairs are in good working order and in proper room configuration.
- Liaison between Conference Service and other departments by reporting any issues with the Conference Rooms, to include lights, carpet stains, damaged doors and glass, missing phones and literature.
- Ensure firm equipment (dinnerware, machinery and event supplies) is cleaned, sanitized and organized on a daily basis, as well as maintained to the standards outlined on ABNet Private site.
- Work in an EMS on-line reservation environment.
- Assist Receptionists with visitor management during the early hours.
- Responsible for assigned floor coverage during regular business hours, to include covering shifts for Conference Service attendants that are scheduled off or out.
- Provide coverage for Night Menu food ordering when needed.
- Perform other related duties in the Conference Services Department as assigned by supervisors.
SKILLS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Organizational and Task Management
- Ability to organize work in a manner that facilitates timely and efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to discern and reconcile competing priorities, manage multiple tasks or assignments, and complete assignments within established deadlines.
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations with minimal planning/information.
- Ability to maintain required ServSafe Certification(s) associated with Food and Alcohol service.
- Proficiency with firm issued mobile device, to be utilized during workday and on person, functioning at all times while in office.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently without disrupting client progress.
Communication and Listening Skills
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate Firm, Administrative Support Services, and Conference Center Standards outlined in the Firm Manual and ABnet Private Site to colleagues, clients and other individuals.
- Ability to effectively utilize verbal and written communication with colleagues, clients, and other individuals.
- Ability to clearly and accurately convey information in a professional and respectful tone with colleagues, clients, and others.
- Ability to share ideas and feedback and opinions in a constructive and professional manner.
- Ability to listen and be open to learn from other people’s advice and observations.
- Professional Image - Appropriately and professionally wear Alston & Bird Uniform in accordance to the standards outlined on ABNet Private Site.
- Brand Image – Maintain a positive perspective about Alston & Bird, your work responsibilities, and the competencies of the Conference Services department in both good and challenging times.
- Space Standards – Maintain and follow all operational standards associated with but not limited to Conference Rooms, Breakrooms, Red Carpet Service, Touchdown Rooms, Telephone Rooms, Visiting Attorney Offices, Common Areas and Conference Center.
- Event Service Standards – Understand and execute Alston & Bird Event Service Standards for dinner service and receptions outlined on the ABNet Private Site.
- Sustainability Standards – Support established firm practices.
Education & Experience
- Previous experience of 5 or more years in the hospitality industry.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is necessary; previous experience with on-line reservations software is relevant.
- Experience in a 4-diamond hotel or higher preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Basic experience with audio visual equipment.
- Repetitive motions substantial movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, stooping, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting.
- Ability to remain standing or walking during normal work shift for five to six hours each day.
- Ability to lift or push heavy equipment/furniture weighing more than 80lbs.
- Talking expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word.
- Ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately.
- Hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
At Alston & Bird, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For©" for 20 years in a row.
Alston & Bird LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position. In accepting a position, it is understood that continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. A satisfactory background check is the absence of a criminal record which bears a demonstrable relationship to the applicant/employee’s suitability to perform the required duties and responsibilities of the position.
Alston & Bird is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Alston & Bird hires the candidate.